[Mulgara-general] Unable to create temporary directory whenlaunching mulgara

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Dec 14 18:00:25 UTC 2011

Just found the problem. It was a trivial error where someone (I
*really* hope it wasn't me) had said:
  if (!tmpDir.mkdirs()) {
    // log warning and use system temp dir instead
  }

The problem is that mkdirs only returns true when it creates the
directory. It returns false if it can't create it due to error OR due
to the directory already existing. Of course, as soon as you run
Mulgara for the first time that directory will exist, so this will
always fail.

Regards,
Paul