[Mulgara-general] NPE running embedded server at DEBUG log level - causes failure to start

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Dec 12 16:44:08 UTC 2011

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for finding this. This bug is something left over from the days
of needing to debug the free list. Since it's worked correctly for so
many years now, no one has needed to run this class with debugging
enabled, so the bug was never triggered.

(I'll check in a patch shortly)

Was there a particular problem you were encountering with the free
list that required you to enable debugging, or are you just interested
to see how it works? The data structure and algorithm is obtuse, and
it isn't publicly documented. But I can help out if there's anything
you need.

Paul