[Mulgara-general] Can't connect to remote Mulgara repository using ConnectionFactory

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Nov 20 16:03:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:35 AM, David Legg
<david.legg at searchevent.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> Disabling the firewall is one approach. What about pushing everything
>> onto the same port, like Ronald suggested?
>>   --rmiobjectport 1099
>>

> I tried starting Mulgara on the server as follows: -
>
>  $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar mulgara-2.0.6.jar --rmiobjectport 1099
>
> But it made no difference.  Perhaps I got the syntax wrong?

No, that's the right syntax. BTW, the command line arguments are at:
  http://mulgara.org/trac/wiki/Args

Is the server starting up correctly? Do you have another rmiregistry
running (though that should make the server fail to start). Can you at
least query the web interface or the HTTP interfaces?

For the latter, you can look in the system graph
(rmi://localhost/server1#) with a URL like:
  http://localhost:8080/sparql/?query=SELECT+%24s+%24p+%24o+FROM+%3Crmi%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fserver1%23%3E+WHERE+%7B+%24s+%24p+%24o+%7D

Of course, this is using the local host name, port 8080 and the SPARQL
interface. Adjust for your own system, as necessary.

Paul