[Mulgara-general] Jena-Mulgara connector

Seaborne, Andy andy.seaborne at hp.com
Mon Jan 14 10:10:03 UTC 2008

Paul Gearon wrote:
> XSD decimals: the full floating point value is stored and retrieved
> already.  Or are you referring to rational numbers?  The answer to
> that would be no.  Maybe you mean the string version of the decimal
> value?  (since this often must be approximated in a binary
> representation).  Again, the answer would be no.  Or am I missing the
> point in this question?

When inserting a triple containing '1.0'^^xsd:decimal, I get
NumberFormatException.  Looking at the code (e.g. SPDecimalImpl), and I
may well be looking  in the wrong place, it seems that it store the
value as a long; SPDecimalImpl has a cast to Integer.

	Andy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England