[Mulgara-general] RDF versioning

James Leigh james-nospam at leighnet.ca
Tue May 3 00:31:10 UTC 2011

Hi Jorge,

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 11:26 -0400, Jorge Riquelme wrote:
> Hello, I'm looking for a RDF repository with versioning support. We
> are currently working with jena over virtuoso on a OSGI environment.
> Our requirements are:
>
> 1) to maintain the "history" of a rdf resource (and be able to
> retrieve a previous state)

AliBaba has an auditing SAIL for this very purpose. It can run ontop of
Mulgara using the Sesame-Mulgara bridge. To use it you have to
understand the Sesame SAIL API first. The code adds auditing
capabilities to a triple store. It creates a new named graph to store
triples that are added within each transaction.

> 2) to execute sparql queries over the last state of the rdf graph

When triples are removed within a transactions they are (optionally)
reified and kept in the store, indexed for quick access to the history.
To query the current state of the store you would query the union of all
graphs (and filter out the reified statements).

> I've reviewed several projects, but many of them seem to be
> "abandonware". Is mulgara what I'm looking for? :)

The auditing SAIL is under active development, just this year it saw
improvements to the size of transactions it can work with and the
ability to limit the number of reified statements within a single
transaction.

The auditing SAIL is being developed by Talis Inc. as part of the
Callimachus project.

Regards,
James