[Mulgara-general] Wiki spam

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Feb 4 18:15:25 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I found spam on the Mulgara wiki pages today, which I've now removed.
While looking for the account that did it, I discovered a whole lot of
fake accounts. I've removed a lot of these as well, though some are
kind of hard to tell for sure.

The Mulgara wiki is intentionally left open to encourage
participation, so this kind of thing can happen. The only requirement
is that a user must have an account to update the wiki. This
discourages some spam, but doesn't stop it.

If anyone sees anything inappropriate on the wiki, or in email from
the site, please let me know. If it gets bad enough I can make it
harder to modify the site, but I'd rather avoid that if I can.