[Mulgara-general] RMITimeoutException

Joe Osowski josowski at plos.org
Fri Apr 15 15:38:15 UTC 2011

I believe I found a bug in the Mulgara RMI client.

The mulgara.rmi.pagetimeout system setting seems to have no affect.
Note the partial stack trace (and the times they were logged).

2011-04-14 22:32:47,290 DEBUG [main] Migrator - Running Topaz Query:
select c.id from UserProfile c
2011-04-14 22:33:47,384 ERROR [main] Migrate - Error querying for
UserProfile ids
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error querying for UserProfile ids
         at
org.ambraproject.service.Migrator.getObjectIDs(Migrator.java:319)
         at org.am.....
Caused by: org.mulgara.server.rmi.RMITimeoutException: No data returned
within 1200000ms
         at
org.mulgara.server.rmi.RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.waitForPrefetchThread(RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.java:492)
         at
org.mulgara.server.rmi.RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.nextPage(RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.java:458)
         at
org.mulgara.server.rmi.RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.next(RemoteAnswerWrapperAnswer.java:427)
         ... 7 more

I wonder if there is a way to easily get the total count of records and
then return paged results using ordering, offset and limit.  Would this
be faster?