[Mulgara-general] Fedora user looking for a push in the right direction

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu May 20 19:58:13 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, Mulgara uses locking to ensure that only one instance
at a time is ever accessing the storage files. This is done for the
ACID requirements on writing.

It's conceivable to come up with a read-only version of Mulgara that
could run concurrently if this is really needed. But it would need
significant work throughout the system if you wanted to allow a
read-only instance to change over to read-write were the original
read-write system to fall over.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Regards,
Paul Gearon