[Mulgara-general] Fedora user looking for a push in the right direction

Michael Della Bitta michael_della_bitta at nypl.org
Thu May 20 19:51:24 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm indirectly a user of Mulgara by way of running Fedora Commons Server.

I'm looking for information about running multiple instances of
Mulgara concurrently over the same data, or implementing failover
somehow. Basically we intend to run multiple Fedora instances over the
same object store, while only allowing one instance of Fedora to
actually perform writes. Is there a way to run multiple Mulgara
instances this way as well? If not, is there a way to queue up
instances to replace the sole active Mulgara instance, should it fail?

I spent some time trolling the wiki but didn't come up with anything
(save for stuff that was mentioned about XA2).

Thanks for any help that anybody might be able to provide.

Michael Della Bitta
Senior Applications Developer
Department of Strategy
The New York Public Library