[Mulgara-general] Multi Module Mulgara Maven Mission

Mark javamark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:07:20 UTC 2010

Hi

I was kind of surprised at the number of modules. In fact I wrote a
recursive search to copy all .java files under a single source tree.

>From there I copied them into maven module (mulgara-all) of a parent mulgra
project. The parent at the moment defines all the dependencies, however some
jar libraries are not in public repositories. Also the auto-generated (cc)
files will require a bit of attention.

I guess now with spring or guice IOC isn't very hard either. Finally if I
want to go the whole hog I could OSGi each module to achieve modularity in
the purest sense.

If there is a single entry point to an application, then you can simple walk
the DAG of dependencies to understand the internal coupling of an
application. In fact why not model the DAG of dependencies with Mulgara!!!
There are tools to do this e.g. Stan (free license for open source projects
as is jprofiler, intellij ...etc) do we have this for Mulgara?

Anyhow, I guess right now I should produce documentation rather than cutting
code.

Regards

Mark