[Mulgara-general] Java version

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Feb 16 16:10:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM, David Wood <david at zepheira.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Paul.
>
> I mistakenly read "built with Java 1.6. I" as "built with Java 1.6.1".  Sorry!

Incidentally, both Java 1.6.0 and Java 1.6.1 compile to a major
version number of 50, while Java 1.5 compiles to a major version
number of 49. This is the issue at hand here.

I've been speaking with others about this, and the library in question
can be recompiled for 1.5 (major number 49), so we can stay on Java
1.5 for the moment.

However, I'm announcing that we will be moving to 1.6 in the near
future. If anyone has issues with this, please let them be known!

Regards,
Paul Gearon