[Mulgara-general] Two Database instances in the same process?

Karsten Huneycutt kph at skuld.us
Wed Sep 30 04:19:05 UTC 2009

Hello --

On Sep 27, 2009, at 8:52 PM, Paul Gearon wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Karsten Huneycutt <kph at skuld.us>
> wrote:
> <snip/>
>>> Unfortunately, no. It's mostly there, but there are a few static
>>> variables that remain. I always wanted to fix this, but I've never
>>> tried to track it all down, because until now no one ever asked for
>>> it.
>>
>> If I have more time, I may try to track this down -- having two
>> processes for this is really sub-optimal for my needs.
>
> It would be much appreciated if you did.  :-)

Aha.  In:

src/jar/store-stringpool-xa11/java/org/mulgara/store/stringpool/xa11/
XA11StringPoolFactory.java

the factory creates a singleton instance of itself, pre-configured
with the database paths, which is the source of the stickiness of the
first database's paths.  If you remove the singleton and get it to
create a new XA11StringPoolFactory each time, it allows the creation
of two databases in the same process.

Whether they work or not remains to be seen... ;)

I will re-enable that bit of my code tomorrow and try it out.  I'll be
able to tell rather quickly whether or not things are okay.

KH

--
Karsten Huneycutt
kph at skuld.us