[Mulgara-general] inserts and TQL

Alex Hall alexhall at revelytix.com
Wed Sep 23 00:07:37 UTC 2009

Chuck Borromeo wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am running into an error attempting to insert data into mulgara.  I created 2 graphs in mulgara: http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu and http://testgraph.  I created the http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu through the webui interface by loading an RDF file into the graph.  The other graph I created using REST and TQL commands (create <http://testgraph>).
>
> I am trying to use TQL to insert a triple into the http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu graph.  Here is my URL:
>
> http://localhost:8080/tql/?graph=http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu/ctsa&s=http://www.ccmb.med.umich.edu/biositemap-CTSA-Michigan.rdf&p=http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type&o=http://biositemaps.bioontology.org/biositemapsURL
>
> However, I get this error message:
>
> Error 500 Unable to create triple: Could not commit modify: sw.dbmi.pitt.edu
>
> If I use the exact same command on the http://testgraph graph the insert works fine.  Is there a difference between the graphs based on how they were created?

I see a discrepancy here between the graph URIs.  You say the graph you
created via the webui is "http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu" (just a hostname) yet
the graph URI in the insert request is "http://sw.dbmi.pitt.edu/ctsa"
(hostname and a path).  The graph URI in the insert request needs to
exactly match the one used with the insert command.

Regards,
Alex