[Mulgara-general] firefox bug and server config

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Sep 9 14:44:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Gregg Reynolds <dev at mobileink.com> wrote:
> Sorry, should have said "calendar" instead of "date", and "i18n support"
> instead of "Unicode support".  Specifically, support for Hijry (Islamic)
> calendar data
> (http://icu-project.org/apiref/icu4j/com/ibm/icu/util/IslamicCalendar.html),
> not to mention e.g. the traditional Japanese calendar based on Emperors (e.g
> Showa 27; they actually do still use it).  I rashly assume an RDF database
> project doesn't have the resources to implement the full range of such i18n
> stuff, but I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong (I need the Hijry stuff).

Uh, Okaaay. So what exactly would you like to see here?

At face value, I'm guessing you'd like the ability to parse and output
Hijry dates (I'll stick to Hijri, since you have a specific need for
it)? I'm also guessing you'd like these to be both comparable with
each other and with xsd:dateTime? Are you expecting anything else?

Since xsd:dateTime has a specific format
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime), so Hijri would need it's
own datatype. That fine, as it's a valid SPARQL extension to do pretty
much anything with datatypes that it doesn't define. So is there a
common URI for Hijri?

I'd be happy to work with you on this, so let me know what's needed
and I'll look into it.