[Mulgara-general] Two issues

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sat May 30 02:36:32 UTC 2009

Hi Charles,

About the first bug....

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM, c-blair at uchicago.edu
> <blair.charles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1.
>> The following SPARQL query works fine with the Redland RDF Query Parser, but
>> not with Mulgara:
>> PREFIX chas: <http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/chas/private/elements/>
>> PREFIX dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
>> PREFIX erc: <http://purl.org/kernel/elements/1.1/>
>> PREFIX : <http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/chas/private/elements/>
>> SELECT *
>> WHERE { ?book
>> dcterms:creator ?author;
>> dcterms:title ?title;
>> dcterms:created ?date;
>> chas:where [erc:where ?where; chas:note ?note; chas:file ?file]
>> }
>> The error is
>> Unhandled data type in triple: AnnotatedNode
>>
>> Changing the last line of the query to
>> chas:where ?where
>> results in things like
>> <binding name="where">
>>         <bnode>_node40</bnode>
>> </binding>
>
> This indicates a bug in the parser. I'll look into it.

I believe I've fixed this now. If you get the chance to download
source, I'd appreciate confirmation at your end. It no longer gives an
error, and it *looks* like it's working to me, but it would be nice to
apply it to your data to make sure you get the answer you expected.

(We need a regression test suite for SPARQL, but I haven't had time).

As for the second bug... I've loaded your test data, but haven't had
time to track down the problem yet. It'll probably happen Monday.

Regards,
Paul Gearon