[Mulgara-general] Two issues

blair.charles at gmail.com blair.charles at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:43:02 UTC 2009

On May 27, 2009 8:16pm, Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:
> Meanwhile, the following is effectively the same:

Thanks. I'll work with that in the meantime.

> > 2. The input has a lot of UTF-8 characters. On output, Redland displays
> them

> > correctly, but Mulgara shows them as, eg,

> > "L\u00C3\u00B3renz de Rada (Loren\u00C3\u00A7o de Herrada), Francisco,

> > Marqu\u00C3\u00A9s de la Torres de Rada"

> Sorry, I don't have sufficient context here. Do you mean that these

> characters are in an RDF/XML or N3 file that you loaded, and this is

> how they look when they come back out?

The RDF/XML I'm using is UTF-8. The output from a query input into
[host]:8080/webui/ExecuteQuery.html shows the preceding. I've trying
recoding as ISO Latin 1 and I'm seeing the same results: I can never see
the diacritical marks in the output in a web browser the way they're meant
to be seen no matter (a) how I encode the RDF/XML in the first place, and
(b) how I set text encoding in the browser window.

> Can you please provide some sample data for me to work with?

Yes: I'll point you to a file of RDF/XML encoded as UTF-8, and one as ISO
Latin 1, in a subsequent message. Both of these will show results fine in
the Redland Demonstration (assuming the browser's text encoding is set
correctly; it always tells the browser it's outputing UTF-8).

> The first one I'll try to get to within the next few work days. The

> second one will depend on what sort of problem it is. They'll be in

> Subversion quickly, and then I'm hoping to have the next release in

> just a couple of weeks.

Thanks.