[Mulgara-general] Problem with multiple FILTERs?

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Jun 26 01:18:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Charles Blair <chas at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> The following query, using these RDF content URIs

<snip details="multiple FILTER query examples"/>

> Both queries are working with the same RDF data.
>
> Now, I'm not seeing examples of multiple uses of FILTER in the SPARQL
> spec, but I don't see anything prohibiting them. All I see is, "SPARQL
> FILTERs restrict solutions to those for which the filter expression
> evaluates to TRUE.". So, is the Redland implementation correct on this
> score?

Yes. In fact, I can see that multiple FILTERs *are* allowed, as per the
definition of GroupGraphPattern in the grammar:
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#rGroupGraphPattern

Obviously, I never thought of this, as I simply assumed that multiple
filters would be described using the && operator. However, if I'd been more
careful then my code would have covered this automatically. Actually, I'm
sort of surprised that it didn't, though I'll have to look more carefully to
see why not.

Hopefully I'll get to this soon.

Regards,
Paul Gearon