[Mulgara-general] Accessing Mulgara WAR in Tomcat via TQL

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Jun 8 20:01:21 UTC 2009

Sorry I took so long to respond. I was avoiding the computer on the
weekend, and have been working offline this morning.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Sands Fish<sands at mit.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
> (Seemingly) remedial question here:
> I've got the Mulgara 2.1.1 WAR up and running in Tomcat (verified by web
> intf) but can't seem to run this basic command from the TQL shell:
>   TQL> select $model from <rmi://frontal-lobe/server1#> where $model
> <rdf:type> <mulgara:Model>;
>   Error: Unable to connect to a server
> I've also tried it including the :8080 that Tomcat is running on.  What am I
> missing here?

Hmm, I've looked at this, and I can't connect to it with RMI either.
OK, I'll figure out the issue. I've concentrated so much on HTTP
recently that I forgot to check RMI with configurations like this.
(After all, if you've deployed in Tomcat then I'm presuming that you
want HTTP).

Meanwhile, are you able to run queries with the WebUI and SPARQL
endpoint? The URL for the WebUI should be something like:
  http://frontal-lobe:8080/mulgara-2.1.1/webui
(I normally rename the WAR file so I get a URL with /mulgara/webui)

Personally, I much prefer the WebUI to the command line tool now.

The URL for the SPARQL endpoint will be something like:
  http://frontal-lobe:8080/mulgara-2.1.1/sparql/

I just tried Tomcat here, and I was able to run the following just fine:
# curl 'http://ralph.local:8080/mulgara/sparql/?query=select+*+from+%3Crmi%3A%2F%2Fralph.local%2Fserver1%23%3E+where+%7B+%24s+%24p+%24o+%7D

Regards,
Paul Gearon