[Mulgara-general] FROM and FROM NAMED question

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Jun 3 19:33:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Charles Blair<chas at uchicago.edu> wrote:
<snip/>
> In the UI, I've used two FROM statements w/ no Graphi URI specified,
> and I get the expected results. The only slight issue is that, when
> the results in the UI are returned, the Graph URI box is filled in w/
> something I had filled out earlier, so I think something is being
> cached, somewhere, somehow, that shouldn't be, that shows up with the
> returned results, but this is not really an issue for me.

Initially I thought that the default graph was just what you fell back
on when there was no FROM in the query. With that presumption, I
normally wanted this field to be set to something useful, hence the
page always tries to set it to something. Now that I've updated it to
have this field override whatever is in the query, then I should
really change this field to default to nothing. Thanks for pointing it
out.

BTW, I've identified the encoding issue that you sent me. The string
is internally being represented as UTF-8, but the NTriples escape
being used is presuming something more like UTF-16. I should have it
fixed by tomorrow (I hope.... I find character encodings a little
tricky sometimes).

Also, one of your example files had a problem in it. The file
abc_ISO8859-1.rdf has ISO8859-1 encoding, but the first line says:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

If you fix this, then you'll find that both files (the UTF-8 file and
the ISO-8859-1 file) will load exactly the same data. I just have to
fix the problem at my end as well.