[Mulgara-general] CRUD Operations in Java

David Legg david.legg at searchevent.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 13:46:32 UTC 2009

Alex Hall wrote:
> While the SPARQL *language* is read-only, you can also invoke CRUD operations
> on the SPARQL servlet interface running on port 8080 by using the REST
> operations...

Thanks for the detailed explanation... that makes perfect sense.

> There has been talk
> of adding support for graph modifications specified via REST methods to
> the next version of SPARQL, as discussed at
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-sparql-features-20090702/#protocol-update].
>  If you find these methods useful and would like to see them
> standardized, I would encourage you to speak up and make those wishes known

I'm all for a standard SPARQL / REST interface to triplestores.  Like
Paul, I'm reluctant to use RMI to connect to a store.  I see that Garlik
have released a new massively scalable triplestore called 4Store [1] and
they use a RESTful HTTP as their main connection protocol.

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://4store.org/