[Mulgara-general] odd issue with export command and temp files

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Jul 6 19:32:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Ben Hysell<BenH at viewpointusa.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I’m not sure if this is just our system or not, however every time I run an
> export command on one of our graphs a file is generated in the \server1\temp
> directory, and it never goes away.
>
> For example, if I run:
>
> export <rmi://servername/server1#test> to <file:/c:/temp.rdf>;
> export <rmi://servername/server1#test> to <file:/c:/temp2.rdf>;
>
> I will get two files in the server1\temp directory:
>
> tuples43284_ml,
> tuples43286_ml
>
> If I try to delete the files Windows will not allow me.  Once I shut mulgara
> down I can delete them, however while the system is up they are locked.
>
> Nothing else is happening on the server, this is my own private mulgara
> instance so I  know no one else is running any queries, etc.
>
> We are running on a win2k3 server x64 jvm.
>
> Thoughts?

Not really, though I'm sure it will be obvious when I look into it.
I'll have a look in the next day or so.

> Ps A quick documentation update might be needed for the webui, typing in
> ‘help backup;’ still states you can backup a graph, however if you try the
> operation it ends in error.

That's a problem with modifying the same thing in multiple places. You
always forget something. I've updated the help text, but I won't be
able to check it in for a couple of days yet. You should see it in the
next release.

The up-to-date documentation is at:
  http://mulgara.org/trac/wiki/TQLUserGuide
The Export/Load command is: