[Mulgara-general] JPA and Mulgara

Ido M. Tamir tamir at imp.univie.ac.at
Thu Feb 19 08:30:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a question about modeling with Mulgara.

Suppose I have a normal JPA entity. Now I would like
to annotate it with some RDF attributes. The predicate and
objects would come as strings from an external ontology (saved in Mulgara).
I could add simple strings as literals for objects, too.

What is the best way to do this?

I thought about saving the RDF as a list of string triples (or quadruples, to
specify the type). The individual strings would reference an ontologysource.

Then I could
0. get some references from an iTQL
1. load entity with JPA and initialize triple list.
2. construct a small JRDF graph (memory graph) from triple list.
3. query/infer from iTQL or other Graph

Is this the way to go?

thank you very much,
Ido