[Mulgara-general] owl:sameAs

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Feb 5 14:09:39 UTC 2009

Hi Tate,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Tate Jones <jones.tate at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be the best way to demonstrate the owl:sameAs using a rule engine?

The rules engine is just an engine. It has NO knowledge of vocabulary,
including OWL. You have to tell it yourself.

> I have loaded the rdfs-krule.rdf rules and applied them, however the
> inferred statements are never created.

Have a look at the SKOS rules file, written in RLog:
  http://mulgara.org/trac/attachment/wiki/SKOS/skos.rlog

This file is mostly axioms related to SKOS, but you'll see some
relevant OWL/RDFS rules at the bottom. You'll find a link to RLog at
the bottom of:
  http://mulgara.org/trac/wiki/Rules

Let me know how this goes.