[Mulgara-general] mulgara-core-2.1.4 for Maven

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Dec 8 16:11:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Edwin Shin <eddie at fedora-commons.org> wrote:
> FYI, I've created a pom for mulgara-core 2.1.4 with at least a start at also creating poms for some of the dependencies for artifacts missing from the public Maven repos. It's located in the DuraSpace/Fedora Commons Maven repository, see:
>        https://fedora-commons.org/m2/content/repositories/releases/org/fcrepo/mulgara-core/2.1.4/
>
> I gather that a number of people have, at various times, created poms for Mulgara and it would be preferable to consolidate efforts to get the poms "right" (until such time that Mulgara gets on the Maven bandwagon ;)).

I'm more than happy to distribute on a Maven repository (I already put
one out for PLoS to use with Topaz). It makes a lot of sense to do
this for "core", but does it also work for the main jar? (since it
includes all of its dependencies, and these could conflict with other
projects being imported in Maven - I suppose I should just ask for use
cases)

Thanks for figuring out the dependencies (actually, thanks for doing
it the first time with the mulgara-core target in Ant). I noticed that
you've figured out more recent versions of a few libraries that still
work. I usually don't notice when libraries get updated, but I like to
update them when I can. Feel free to update anything that you notice
is safe.

As for building the project with Maven. I just don't have the cycles
to make this happen. But I'll work with any volunteer who wants to
try.  :-)