[Mulgara-general] aliases

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Sun Aug 30 03:41:26 UTC 2009

I'm able to view the default set of aliases by issuing a "query=alias;" POST
request to the TQL endpoint; I'm also able to create an alias using
"query=alias <http://example.org/ns#> as eg;".  At least, the response to
the latter is "Successfully aliased...".  So I infer that aliases created in
this way are global; but when I then ask to view all aliases again, there is
no sign of my new "eg" alias.  Also, I am able to "INSERT" a triple, using
the "eg" alias:  "query=insert <eg:Socrates> <rdf:type> <eg:Man> into <
http://example.org/data#test1>;" and then query against it successfully; the
data returned uses the "eg" prefix but does not contain the appropriate
xmlns declaration.

Can anybody explain exactly how the TQL "alias" operator works?

Thanks,

gregg