[Mulgara-general] Models, inferencing, etc.

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Wed Aug 26 15:42:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Alex Hall <alexhall at revelytix.com> wrote:

> Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> > One thing that is confusing for newcomers to the world of RDF and OWL
> > etc. is the lack of a standard terminology for, uh, well I'll call it
>

> Here's my take: "graph" refers to a collection of RDF triples; it is an

Mega thanks!  Very useful;  I hope you don't mind if I pillage your
explanations for stuff to use on the Mulgara wiki.

Regarding wiki v. Docbook:  point well taken, a wiki beats docbook for
maintainability etc. hands down.  On the other hand, once you have a good
solid "document", that is likely to remain stable and useful for a while
(e.g. a general overview of how an RDF service works), then it makes sense
to put it into a more flexible format, if only to satisfy old troglydytes
like me who like to print out a nicely formatted manual for study.
Mercurial is a good example; lots of good stuff on the wiki, but also a
nicely formatted book (http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MercurialBook).  I
think there's a lot of space between a wiki and a full-fledged book for
things like white papers, overviews, etc.  So I'd say the general guidance
would be to stick with the wiki, unless you've got a good idea for something
more formal, in which case Docbook is a good choice.

Thanks,

gregg