[Mulgara-general] port numbers

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Aug 21 22:17:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Gregg Reynolds<dev at mobileink.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:
>>
>> So what specifically is happening for you?
>>

> I may have spoken a little too soon.  Something is broken but it might
> not be the port numbers.

OK, that makes more sense to me. Descriptors have been getting stale lately.

> I obtained the URL for the Descriptor Mgmt page from
> http://docs.mulgara.org/descriptors/descwhat.html.

Unfortunately, docs.mulgara.org is the old documentation that is not
being updated, but it is also the only documentation that covers
descriptors.

> So http://<myhost>:8088/webservices/descriptor/index.jsp works fine,
> but when I click on one of the "Invoke" buttons (e.g. "See list of
> Descriptors on this host") I get:
>
> "HTTP ERROR: 500
>
> "Mulgara Query error: Query failed:
> rmi://hplp0341a.norc.org/server1#descriptors has a URI indicating the
> local server, but was not found
>
> "RequestURI=/webservices/descriptor/execute
>
> "Caused by:
>
> "org.mulgara.descriptor.DescriptorException: Mulgara Query error:
> Query failed: rmi://<myhost>/server1#descriptors has a URI indicating
> the local server, but was not found
>  ...stack trace..."

> I thought it might be the port number based on my (admittedly hasty)
> inspection of the source in
> mulgara-2.1.3/src/jar/descriptor/build.xml, which contains stuff like
> "src="http://${host.name}:8080/..."

OK, thanks for reporting this. I'll have to get into it to see what's
happening. Maybe it's my excuse to finally figure out what Descriptors
do.