[Mulgara-general] Mulgara Lite

Edwin Shin eddie at fedora-commons.org
Mon Sep 8 09:38:32 UTC 2008

On 09/05/2008 02:47 AM, Paul Gearon is rumored to have said:
<snip/>

> OK, the main differences are that I've kept the config files in there
> (so it is still possible to run the program as an application, if you
> want), and I removed a lot of jars that you don't need.
>
> I've renamed my target to core-dist, and stolen the jar name. This
> will be in the release later today. It should work identically for
> you, but if something does go wrogn, then get in touch with me
> immediately please!

I just committed a tiny tweak to the build file which was causing the
core-dist target to fail. I assumed we didn't need the descriptor.jar
contents in core-dist, else the target needs to include that as a
dependency.

A couple questions about third party library changes since 2.0.0
  1) What is the core-3.1.1.jar needed for?

  2) Why did JRDF get integrated into the Mulgara source tree?
To some degree, this strikes me as counter to the motivation for
core-dist: "a distribution that contains ONLY Mulgara code (no jars
embedded)". If Mulgara needs to maintain its own fork of JRDF, would
repackaging it somewhere under org.mulgara be a better move (so that
other code can still bundle Mulgara and JRDF)?