[Mulgara-general] Mulgara Lite

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Thu Sep 4 14:48:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Edwin Shin <eddie at fedora-commons.org> wrote:
> On 09/04/2008 03:47 AM, Paul Gearon is rumored to have said:
>> Is there anyone out there using Mulgara-Lite? I'm under the impression
>> that it is unused.
>>
>> I want to create a "lite" distribution that is a little different to
>> what this jar provides. Specifically, a distribution that contains
>> ONLY Mulgara code (no jars embedded), and which skips all the network
>> service code. In other words, it would be good for creating a Database
>> object, but it wouldn't do RMI nor HTTP, and it would allow a calling
>> framework to set up its own jars, rather than relying on having this
>> built into the Mulgara jar (where there could be conflicts).
>>
>> In the meantime, I'm building another similar package, only this one
>> will have everything, including the network code.
>
> FYI it was somewhat in this spirit that I created the "core-dist"
> target; that is, no third-party jars embedded, no http server. We use
> the core-dist target for Fedora.

Ah, this would explain that target. I didn't recognize it.

I'll do a comparison. I think that the target I created was a little
more cut down than core-dist. Since no one is using my new target name
(and I had trouble coming up with a name anyway), then I'll probably
merge the two and keep it under the name core-dist.