[Mulgara-general] Mulgara Lite

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Sep 3 19:47:43 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there using Mulgara-Lite? I'm under the impression
that it is unused.

I want to create a "lite" distribution that is a little different to
what this jar provides. Specifically, a distribution that contains
ONLY Mulgara code (no jars embedded), and which skips all the network
service code. In other words, it would be good for creating a Database
object, but it wouldn't do RMI nor HTTP, and it would allow a calling
framework to set up its own jars, rather than relying on having this
built into the Mulgara jar (where there could be conflicts).

In the meantime, I'm building another similar package, only this one
will have everything, including the network code.