[Mulgara-general] Mulgara - loading files

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Nov 19 17:11:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm also sending this to the mailing list. This is partly because
others can learn from the problems we all face, and partly because
I've been (rightly) criticized for having too many conversations off
list. People sometimes judge projects by the email traffic, and off
list conversations aren't helping us in that regard.  :-}

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Martin Tanler <martin.tanler at uibk.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I am currently trying to load our data sets. Unfortunately, the mulgara
> triple store throws the following excepiton:

<snip/>

> Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in query at index 48: http://www.planetsocks.com/recent.asp?series=The Real World
>        at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2809)
>        at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2982)
>        at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3072)
>        at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3014)
>        at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:578)
>        at org.mulgara.content.n3.Parser.toURIReference(Parser.java:403)

> I guess the problem is the question mark. Is that correct? Is there somewhere a specification on which URI are accepted?

No, the problem is the space (note that the error says "index 48",
which is where the space appears). Spaces are not legal in a URI. This
is a query section (it appears after the ? character), so you can
replace the spaces with + characters. ie:
  http://www.planetsocks.com/recent.asp?series=The+Real+World

The specification for URIs can be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt
Java's implementation of URI also documents much of this:
  http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/URI.html

Regards,
Paul Gearon