[Mulgara-general] isn't there a way to create a non-persited model

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue May 20 14:31:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:10 AM, David Smith <DMS at viewpointusa.com> wrote:
> Ok, I remember seeing this but can't find it.
> Isn't there a way to create a model that exists "in-memory" only, and is not
> written to disk?
>
> Looked all over but can't find it.

There's a MemoryModel type. You create it with:

create <your:graph/name> <mulgara:MemoryModel>;

I just tested this out, and discovered that the MemoryModel is not
loaded as an accessible type by default. It is being loaded, but is
only accessible by the internal system. Sorry, I'm not sure why this
is the case.

You can enable it by adding the following line to the list of
resolvers in config/mulgara-config.xml
  <ResolverFactory type="org.mulgara.resolver.memory.MemoryResolverFactory"/>

And then re-building the system (since the config file is built into
the final JAR file).  I'll try to make sure this is enabled by default
soon.

Paul Gearon