[Mulgara-general] Performance of disjunction.

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Mon May 19 08:27:38 UTC 2008

Something that has come up off-list is the performance of disjunction
in mulgara.

Put bluntly, disjunction is completely unoptimised; and this may be a
problem for users, but todate we have had very few complaints.

The relevant bug report is http://mulgara.org/trac/ticket/15.  This
has historically had an implementation focused title, I have updated
the title to read "Product of Sum form has very poor performance.".

If you are affected by this performance issue, please let us know ---
and record your interest in the bug-tracker.

To a large extent only squeaky wheels get grease, but this problem
has been bothering me for sometime, I just haven't been able to
justify taking the time to fix it.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys