[Mulgara-general] Unable to load a Krule file into Mulgara

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Thu Mar 27 23:42:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 06:07:13PM -0400, Ghazzaoui, Ramez (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:
> As the person who suggested the idea initially, I now think that it is
> not necessary. Since it is fairly easy to download the Subversion
> software and use it to get a copy of the latest Java source code from
> the Mulgara trunk, and since it takes only about 2 minutes to build the
> code on a machine that has Java SDK installed, I see no reason why Paul
> should post the latest build for download. That is, unless most of the
> Mulgara users don't have Java SDK on their box.

Agreed, which is why I haven't done anything here. But it is
convenient as a developer to be able to just download the latest
nightly build, especially when you just want to quickly try something
out. As you said, it's not difficult to build yourself, but it's one
of those 10-seconds-vs-5-minutes and we're all lazy :-)

> But the cost to Paul of keeping an up-to-date build on the web site
> might be too high unless he can automate it.

Yes, I wasn't thinking of manually doing, but automating it. And it is
I who have to do the work in this case...

Anyway, thinking about it for a second or two I think I'll just create
another build target to copy the dist stuff to another directory, and
the site can then link to that. Nothing fancy.

  Cheers,

  Ronald