[Mulgara-general] Is it possible to set up Mulgara to use Jena as its reasoner?

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Mar 21 19:46:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Ghazzaoui, Ramez (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C]
<ghazzaouir at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> I saw a brief discussion on the Mulgara web site about Jena going in and
> going out of Mulgara. The entire discussion, and what prompted it, isn't
> clear to me.
>

> I have a simple question: If I download Mulgara as it is today (version
> 1.1.1) and download Jena, is there a way for me to set up Mulgara so that it
> uses Jena as its core reasoner at any level?

Simple answer:  No.

Longer answer:  Issues in integrating with Jena necessarily took on
some of Jena's scalability problems. We want to put our own reasoner
into Mulgara (and even integrate with other reasoners), but due to
limited resources we are concentrating on scalability and reliability
for 2008.