[Mulgara-general] Spanning multiple disks

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Jun 30 16:25:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Life is hard, and then you die
<ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
>> If you have a 64 bit system, then just turn that option on:
>>   java -d64 -Xmx1024m -jar mulgara-2.0-alpha.jar -p 4567
>
> AFAIK the -d64 is only usable on Solaris; on Linux you get 32 or 64
> bit depending on which jdk/jre you downloaded.

This was in the back of my mind as I typed it, since it came up last
week as well. However, I don't know which OSs this applies to, and
which it doesn't. For instance, on OSX you definitely need to include
it. I know that you USED to need it for Linux, so I don't know when it
changed (from 1.5 to 1.6?).

Either way, it's only applicable if you have 64 bit hardware.
Otherwise you just have to live with the explicit IO for accessing
files.