[Mulgara-general] Help

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Jul 28 23:56:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Bill OConnor <wtoconnor at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is probably were I am don't know what I am doing. I thought server1
> could be arbitrarily
> chosen. I suppose that is defined in a config or something?

Yes.

The sources come with a configuration file in conf/mulgara-config.xml.
This contains an element of:
<ServerName>server1</ServerName>

You can update this, and then build the "dist" target again.
Alternatively, you can create a new config file, and provide it to the
server on the command line when you start up, using either -c or
--serverconfig to give a URL for the file. e.g.
  # java -jar mulgara-2.0.0.jar -c file:///home/bill/data/mulgara-config.xml

Finally, you can just give the name on the command line with the -s or
--servername option:
  # java -jar mulgara-2.0.0.jar -s newname

Once the server name is set, you access the service with:
  rmi://localhost/newname