[Mulgara-general] Mulgara 2.0.0 release

Amit Kapoor amitkapoor at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 27 22:47:30 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 06:00:05PM -0500, Paul Gearon wrote:
> The Mulgara development community is pleased to announce the release
> of Mulgara v2.0.0.
>
> Mulgara can be downloaded from the project website at:
>   http://mulgara.org/download.html
>
> This marks the end of the development process that occurred through
> v2.0.0-alpha and v2.0.0-beta.  Version 2.0.0 introduces:
>   * SPARQL querying.
>   * A new Connection API.
>   * Significantly better standards compliance with RDF.
>   * Arbitrary URIs for graph names.
>   * Default resolver graphs for extra built-in functionality.
>
> A number of significant stability and performance problems have also
> been addressed. For details please see the release notes at:
>   http://mulgara.org/release.html#v2.0.0
>
> The team would like to express appreciation the support of Revelytix,
> Fedora Commons and Topaz for their time, resources, and employment.

    I was on vacation and so a tad late in responding. This is great news and
    thanks for all the effort in getting this out despite all the emergencies
    you and your family had to deal with recently.

    As a general note to both Mulgara and Topaz community, we have recently
    released a pre-2.0.0 version of Mulgara as part of the 0.9-rc1 release to
    PLoS and from all indications are that it is running fine. We will be
    merging the 'official' 2.0 version of Mulgara as part of the public release
    for 0.9, and that will include Ambra (the publishing system). We still have
    some file name clean up and couple of bugs to be fixed.

    Congratulations again!

    regards

Amit