[Mulgara-general] MulgaraTransactionException

Edwin Shin eddie at fedora-commons.org
Fri Jul 18 17:12:23 UTC 2008

On 07/18/2008 06:41 PM, Life is hard, and then you die is rumored to
have said:

> The fact that the session being closed is holding the write lock
> indicates this is the same session as was used just previously in
> Thread-4, and in which presumably the insert is still in progress.
>
> I.e. it looks like you are closing down a session that is still in
> active use (note there's not "Executed Operation" for Thread-4 here).
> This is not allowed: a session may only be used by one thread at a
> time and if used by multiple threads (serially) must have appropriate
> synchronization (memory barriers) between invocations.

Just the diagnosis I needed. I'll be in SF in August, I think I owe you
at least a beer ;) While I haven't figured out the optimal solution,
throwing a synchronized block around one of the session insert/delete
blocks in Trippi at least prevents the transaction exception for the
time being.

FWIW, this (apparently) wasn't necessary in the previous version of
Trippi which was built against Kowari, which is why I hadn't considered
this particular block of code.