[Mulgara-general] MulgaraTransactionException

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Wed Jul 16 11:18:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:35:56PM +0800, Edwin Shin wrote:
> I've been having some trouble running down an error our users have been
> hitting with Mulgara. Unfortunately, while I can reproduce the error
> quite regularly when inserting enough triples, I can't reproduce it when
> I run it through a debugger, nor when I write a very simple unit test.
> It seems to require at least some tens of thousands of triples to
> provoke with any regularity, however.
>
> I'm not doing anything more complex than a bunch of inserts followed by
> a session close. I am however using a LocalJRDFDatabaseSession.
>
> I'm hoping someone can throw me some pointers on what to look for in
> running this down. This has been observed against Mulgara 1.1 and
> against trunk (r1078).
>

> ERROR 2008-07-15 22:23:12.729 [main] (MulgaraTransactionFactory)
> Heuristic Rollback Failed on session close- aborting
> ERROR 2008-07-15 22:23:12.729 [main] (MulgaraInternalTransaction)
> Heuristic Rollback failed on session close - Aborting: 32803057,
> state=ACTUNREF, inuse=1, using=0
> org.mulgara.query.MulgaraTransactionException: Concurrent access
> attempted to transaction: Transaction has NOT been rolledback.
> 	at
> org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraInternalTransaction.activate(MulgaraInternalTransaction.java:130)
> 	at
> org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraInternalTransaction.execute(MulgaraInternalTransaction.java:615)
> 	at
> org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraTransactionFactory.closingSession(MulgaraTransactionFactory.java:147)
> 	at
> org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraTransactionManager.closingSession(MulgaraTransactionManager.java:236)
> 	at org.mulgara.resolver.DatabaseSession.close(DatabaseSession.java:591)
> 	at org.trippi.impl.mulgara.MulgaraSession.close(MulgaraSession.java:77)

I have just recently fixed a few synchronization problems - these
fixes are currenlty sitting in the mgr-121-lockrecovery branch (soon
to be merged into trunk). If you can try that out and let me know,
that would be great.

However, something's still odd - do you have the logs at level info?
Those wouuld help in tracing back how things got here. (debug would be
even more helpful) You may want to limit the logging to the following
classes in order to keep the logs manageable:

  org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraInternalTransaction
  org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraInternalTransactionFactory
  org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraTransactionFactory
  org.mulgara.resolver.MulgaraTransactionManager
  org.mulgara.resolver.DatabaseSession

  Cheers,

  Ronald