[Mulgara-general] mulgara RMI on Windows

jopaki jopaki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 03:05:49 UTC 2008

Mulgara, when interacting with clients on Windows, runs extremely slowly for
me.  The RMI sockets seem to get hung, I theorize, looking at periodic
thread dumps while the server is running.  DNS lookup issue?  Windows hosts
file thing? Bad host name used to refer to mulgara server?  My Windows hosts
file is something like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 <my internal ip address>
127.0.0.1 jkirton-SFWS (my windows computer name w/o the domain)

Anybody out there running the latest version of mulgara on windows who may
have an idea?  Thanks.

Jon Kirton
Web Developer
Public Library of Science