[Mulgara-general] Topaz platform release.

Amit Kapoor amitkapoor at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 10 21:37:44 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

    Sorry for the almost spam, but thought this might be of interest to the
    Mulgara community. We have started the process of opening up Topaz for use
    to the general public at http://www.topazproject.org/. We are starting with
    the back-end and are hoping to complete the process by end of March this
    year with release of the publishing application built on the back-end
    (example can be seen at http://www.plosone.org/).

    The project has been helped immensely by the Mulgara developers, Paul and
    Andrae, and we thought it only reasonable to make the first 'public'
    announcement here...:)

    There is still quite a bit of work ahead on the site, but since we never
    could agree on what is considered 'good enough for release', we agreed the
    current site was good enough for release.

    Appreciate your feedback on the technology and site on the requisite
    mailing lists.

    regards

on behalf of the Topaz team