[Mulgara-general] soap:Lite on Linux issue with Mulgara query

Thornton Staples tstaples at fedora-commons.org
Fri Feb 29 13:56:43 UTC 2008

I have a mulgara index that was running fine on Windows. I have moved it
all to a RedHat Linux machine. I am using a perl program using the
soap:lite approach described on the mulgara site to create the queries
from a cgi-script to send to Mulgara. The queries in the perl script
don't work on Linux, but if I paste the query (clearing out the perl
variables) into the interactive web client it works fine. We played
around with adding a very simple query to the program which works, but
the one with two "and" clauses with predicates that are URIs doesn't.

This query works:

select $subject $predicate $object from
<rmi://perseus.lib.Virginia.EDU/server1#ascsaReg> where $subject
$predicate $object;

This one doesn't:

select $type $object $title
from   <rmi://perseus.lib.virginia.edu/server1#ascsaReg>
where
<http://perseus.lib.virginia.edu/thorny/ascsa/Corinth/11768217441.xml>
          <http://ascsa.edu/hasChild>
          $object
and    $object
          <http://example.org/index/title>
            $title
and    $object
          <http://example.org/index/type>
            $type;

It would seem that there is some character problem that I need to escape
with the URI in brackets but the RMI URI works in the first example; or
that the "and" clause is causing the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thorny
--
Thornton Staples
Director of Community Strategy and Outreach
434-924-6601                tstaples at fedora-commons.org