[Mulgara-general] My job, and SPARQL development

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Tue Feb 5 17:55:56 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm just writing to let people know what I'm up to with Mulgara
development at the moment.

A number of you were probably aware that I was working on
incorporating SPARQL into Mulgara.  Due to changes at work over
Christmas I haven't been able to do any more of this recently.  But
now that's all changed for the better.

As of this week, I now work for Fedora Commons:  http://www.fedora-commons.com/

Fedora Commons has strong ties to Topaz, and I've been getting to know
the two groups over the last year or more.  They each have a strong
commitment to open source software, and to supporting Mulgara in its
mission to be a fully scalable and functional open source semantic
platform.  I'll be doing work specific to these two organizations, but
mostly will be working for them on Mulgara and supporting the user
community.  So if you need help, then let me know.  :-)

Now that I have a job working on Mulgara, I'm getting back into SPARQL
development.  There is still quite a bit to do, but large portions of
it have linear dependencies, so it will have to be mostly just me
working on it. These things rarely go as planned, but I hope to have a
partial implementation working by the beginning of March.  (It's being
slowed down at the moment, as I work on a vintage notebook computer
while waiting for the new one to arrive).  :-)

I also intend to let people know what I'm up to as I go.  I'll mostly
be sending these detailed descriptions to the Mulgara-Dev list.

Regards,
Paul Gearon