[Mulgara-general] Loading N3 fails

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sat Dec 13 14:51:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:41 AM, David Legg
<david.legg at searchevent.co.uk> wrote:
> Ahem!
>
> Just noticed another problem with N3 support: -

Yeah, well... I never wrote it. I'm just addressing the issues that
you're finding with it.  :-)

> Error executing command. Reason: Unsupported N3 parser token type: 16
>
> When I look this token up in Jena's N3AntlrParserTokenTypes.java file it refers to TK_LIST_FIRST.  In other words one of the N3 files I tried to load makes use of N3's ordered list constructs (the items listed between the brackets in this example): -
>
> :foafPersonDefaultLens a fresnel:Lens ;
>   fresnel:classLensDomain foaf:Person ;
>   fresnel:group :foafGroup ;
>   fresnel:showProperties ( foaf:name
>                            ex:age
>                            foaf:surname
>                            foaf:depiction ) .

Really? I kinda hoped the parser would manage lists for us. Oh well, I
know how to handle this. I'll get to it on Monday.

> So I guess there is actually a bit more that needs implementing before it can be said to be capable of reading N3 files :-(

Oh, for sure. I'm also not aiming for N3 rule files or anything like
that. But the basics should be in there. As I said, I'm away at the
moment, and I haven't been working as consistently as I'd like yet
(I'm still horribly jetlagged). But I should get this done over the
coming week.