[Mulgara-general] Loading N3 fails

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sun Dec 7 21:22:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 8:59 AM, David Legg <david.legg at searchevent.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Indeed, the current parser in mulgara only handles numbers, qname's,
>>> literals, uriref's, and blank nodes. I.e. it only handles N-Triples,
>>> not full N3.
>>>

> Thanks for spotting that Ron.

OK, I had 5 minutes, and the fix for "a" is trivial. The hassle is
some of the other things that have been ignored.

According to the N3 section on @keywords, there are 3 keywords that
never need to have a prefixing "@", and those are "is", "of" and "a".
Unfortunately, the same document only describes "a" as meaning
rdf:type.  I can guess that "is" might be the same thing, but I'm a
little less certain about "of".

So I looked at the BNF for N3. I hadn't realized that N3 was being
used for purposes other than RDF encoding, and it looks like most of
the keywords that I don't get are in dialects I don't need to support
(like N3 rules). OTOH, I'm still curious about @has. It almost looks
like it's complete syntactic sugar, with no consequence if it's
ignored. Or am I wrong there?

I also want to check out if @forSome is interpreted to create
statements with a blank node in them, or if it's passed through for
our code to interpret.

Once I'm done, I hope to process the test files correctly.