[Mulgara-general] Loading N3 fails

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Sun Dec 7 13:57:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Life is hard, and then you die
<ronald at innovation.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 12:07:28PM +0000, David Legg wrote:
<snip/>
>> Here are the steps I took...
> [snip]
>> Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unsupported N3 parser token type: 13
>>       at org.mulgara.content.n3.Parser.toNode(Parser.java:397)
>>       at org.mulgara.content.n3.Parser.quad(Parser.java:294)
>>       at com.hp.hpl.jena.n3.N3AntlrParser.emitQuad(N3AntlrParser.java:66)
> [snip]
>> I think the key thing here is the 'Unsupported N3 parser token type:
>> 13'.  I don't know about you but '13' makes me think this is related to
>> Carriage Return characters and I think I've come across a message from
>> Alex somewhere mentioning this is a problem... but I can't find it again.
>
> While CR is a good guess, this 13 here refers to an antlr AST token
> type, which in this case is KW_A (see Jena's N3AntlrParserTokenTypes).
> I.e. the mulgara parser is not recognizing the 'a' statement in your
> N3:

That's a more recent term, isn't it?

>> :PlaceTerm a owl:Class .
>
> Indeed, the current parser in mulgara only handles numbers, qname's,
> literals, uriref's, and blank nodes. I.e. it only handles N-Triples,
> not full N3.

OK, this is something major. I'll try to get to it as soon as I start
work again in Australia. That's probably going to be Wednesday or
Thursday.

I've never worked on this parser before (I've just peeked inside), so
now I guess I'm going to learn, huh?  :-)