[Mulgara-general] Inferencing

Schmitz, Jeffrey A Jeffrey.A.Schmitz at boeing.com
Tue Sep 18 15:40:03 UTC 2007

Hello,
   I'm trying to get my arms around how to return inferenced results
from Mulgara.  I'm using the CameraPhone.owl ontology, but I can only
get asserted results returned from queries.  The query I'm doing is:

select $s <rdfs:subclassof> $o from
<rmi://B894586.mw.nos.boeing.com/server1#cameraphone> where
$s <rdfs:subClassOf> $o;

I would expect results such as:

CameraPhone rdfs:subclassof PurchaseableItem

To be returned, but it is not.  Am I possibly missing a step somewhere?
Or do my queries need to add all the inferencing logic within it
(hopefully not)?

I did all the steps specified here:

http://docs.mulgara.org/inferencing/inferexample.html

One thing to note is I'm behind a firewall, so my server won't have
access to the rdfs and owl schema's using their internet addresses.
Will I have to load them locally and tell mulgara to use the local
copies?  If so, how do you do that?

Thanks,
Jeff