[Mulgara-general] Errors using Descriptors

Xavier Llorà xllora at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 9 13:46:01 UTC 2007

Hi Tina,

We ran into this one and there is a way to circumvent it. It is a quick fix,
but it worked for us. The problem is that Mulgara uses a Jetty embedded
service. The distribution jar misses by default  two required jar files to
run properly Xerces and Xalan (based of the XSLT transformations used by the
descriptors). Drop xercesImpl.jar and serializer.jar (just go and download
them from the apache site, you may find them in the last 2.6.X  or  early
2.7.X Xalan releases) into java/ext of your JVM directory so the class
loader used by mulgara embedded Jetty can find them. That should get rid of
the error and should allow you to list the default set of descriptors.

Best,
X.

--
Xavier Llorà

Data-Intensive Technologies and Applications
1205 W. Clark Street, Urbana IL 61801

http://dita.ncsa.uiuc.edu/xllora