[Mulgara-general] SSL

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Wed Oct 3 20:56:30 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I finally got a bit of spare cash, so I bought an SSL certificate for
Mulgara.org.  (Hopefully I don't regret this next month when the
bills come in)  :-)

The CA is recognized by all the major browsers.  This means that you
should no longer see a warning whenever you try to browse the
Subversion repository.

Unfortunately, Subversion-SSL doesn't know the CA (sigh), so you'll
still have to "accept (p)ermanently" the certificate when you check
code out from mulgara.org for the first time.

Anyone with an existing checkout will also be asked to verify the
certificate the next time they do an update.  Once you've accepted
the certificate once Subversion will remember this and never ask you
again.

Regards,
Paul Gearon